2012-04-10

Show/Hide All Packet Links 'P' : Hide

In the packet I have included two articles from the American Thinker.
The first is titled The Tea Party Call to Duty.
1
The second is On Restoring American Individualism.2

This next weekend Tea Parties across the country will be having their fourth annual tax day events.

Three years ago the question was why this tax day protest ? And why the reference to the Boston Tea Party? After all, for more than two hundred years, hasn't there been taxation with representation?

But what the critics have not understood is the Tea Party movement is not just about taxes. In the words of the Revolutionary War patriot, James Otis, "Taxation without Representation is Tyranny".

And what is this tyranny?

Our library has two books by Mark R. Levin: In the first one, Liberty and Tyranny, Levin discusses the conservative answer to a growing despotism that threatens our liberty, the character of our country, and our way of life.3 The second book, Ameritopia,4 details the lure of utopia that is at the core of leftist thought in America.

Political utopianism is a tyranny which denies the humanity and legitimacy of the individual.

Its name is "collectivism".

The article On Restoring American Individualism P notes that America was the first nation founded on the premise that individuals are by nature free. The purpose of government is the protection of this natural freedom.

The struggle facing America is nothing less than a battle between individualism and collectivism.

America has been the exception among the nations of the world. Only here has individualism been consistent with the duties of citizenship.

However, by shirking our civic responsibilities, we have created a class of professional politicians. They seem to be more interested in their re-election than preserving our children's birthright to liberty.

The Tea Party Call to Duty P begins in earnest this election year. We have seven months left to find and restore the lost soul of America's constitutional governance.

With our Founding Fathers we have an enthusiasm for the principles of individual liberty and inalienable rights.

We insist that the federal government comply with the limits placed on it by our constitution.

Our task is to inform and rouse our fellow citizens.

This Saturday the Indiana-Armstrong Patriots will hold a rally in front of the Indiana Court House.

It's time to get busy.

Thank You

-- Peter Cooper


  1. The Tea Party Call to Duty
  2. On Restoring American Individualism
  3. Mark Levin's Liberty and Tyranny -- Epilogue: A Conservative Manifesto (pdf)
  4. Mark Levin's Ameritopia -- the Complete Epilogue in Plain Text Format (pdf)