2012-03-13

Show/Hide All Packet Links 'P' : Show

Packet here
  • Mark Levin's Ameritopia -- excerpts from the Epilogue
  • The Rising Fever of Despotism
  • A Report on Obama Administration Violations of Law
  • Point-By-Point: The Case Against Obamacare
  • 5 Biggest Whoppers In Obama's Energy Speech

Three weeks ago, President Obama gave a rather lame speech, outlining his energy policy.
In the packet is an editorial from the Investor's Business Daily, the title of which says it all -
5 Biggest Whoppers In Obama's Energy Speech. 1

Anyway, moving on . . .

Mark R. Levin has written a new book - Ameritopia. It is available in our library.
In the packet I have supplied some excerpts from the Epilogue. 2

Ameritopia details the lure of utopia that is at the core of leftist thought. Political utopianism is a tyranny which denies the humanity and legitimacy of the individual. The false idea here is that imperfect human beings collectively can somehow produce a perfect world -- that is, in the case of the American Left -- an "Ameritopia."

This is best summed up by the book's subtitle - "The Unmaking of America". To Levin's way of thinking, America has already transformed into Ameritopia. We are no longer recognizable as a constitutional republic. Instead, America has become a soft despotism.

To buttress Levin's argument, I have included in the packet an article from the American Thinker titled The Rising Fever of Despotism.3 The recent birth control mandate with its attack on religious liberty clearly indicates the despotic nature of the Obama Administration.

Nowhere in the Constitution do we find permission for Executive branch appointees to write the laws that the people are expected to obey. But even worse Mr. Obama has given his friends czar-like authority over Senate-confirmed officers.

This tyranny has come about because Congress has abandoned its sworn Constitutional duties. These violations of the Constitution are at odds with republican, limited, and accountable government.

Thoughtful citizens must stop this current slide into despotism.

Indeed, there is a mounting movement among State Attorneys General to join forces and call the Obama administration into account for its violations of law.4 These Attorneys General acknowledge their duty to uphold the laws of their respective states and uphold the U.S. and State constitutions. In the packet is a list of their pending legal actions - among which are those against the Obamacare mandates which infringe on both individual liberty and our religious freedom.

These mandates are a direct consequence of the fact that layers of regulation have been added on insurers and employer health plans. In the packet is a "point-by-point summary of the case against Obamacare." 5

Americans can now see the inherent dangers of far-reaching federal power.

Mandates on individuals. Mandates on business. Mandates on religious organizations.

Where does all this "Progressivism" end?

In 'Ameritopia' soft tyranny "progresses" until it becomes a hard despotism.

And yet all is not lost.

Levin concludes his book with the question: "So, my fellow countrymen, which do we choose - Ameritopia or America?" P

For him the Tea Party movement is a hopeful sign.

We have the enthusiasm of the Founding Fathers for the principles of individual liberty and inalienable rights, as proclaimed in the Declaration of independence.

We insist that the federal government comply with the Constitution's limits.

Our task is to inform and rouse our fellow citizens.

We must stop the unraveling of civil society before despotism takes a firm hold.

Let's get busy.

Thank you

-- Peter Cooper


  1. 5 Biggest Whoppers In Obama's Energy Speech
  2. Mark Levin's Ameritopia -- the Complete Epilogue in Plain Text Format
  3. The Rising Fever of Despotism
  4. Attorneys General Join Forces to Call Into Account Illegal Obama Administration Violations
  5. Point-By-Point: The Case Against Obamacare